Friday, November 11, 2011

For the Lost Love, and the New...2009


     For the Lost Love..                                           
The sun will rise soon, as it has been doing
for as long as I can remember
Maybe my hopes should be based
on such unimportant and unnoticed
certainties
and not on trivial things
like lost love.
So leave my life quickly
as quickly as you came
Give me pain and desolation
as intently
as you first gave love and lust.
Dont let me fall apart
Go...leaving a crumbled me.
And who will say
the final goodbye first?
Me and my pain
or you and your fear?
To love is to be vulnerable
to love you anymore
is to be dumb
and blind as well.
I have finally realized this:
Its always you n you n you,
but its really me.
In Spring leaves grow
love grows
In summer love survives
Bugs commit suicide on my windshield as I drive,
tears in my eyes.
In autumn leaves fall.
I fall
In winter I die.
I drive away, nothing in my eyes
cold n numb
snowflakes commit suicide on my windshield
as I drive toward the living season.
The last day of my loving you
is at hand.
In my hand a pen
writing my last poem
exclusively yours.
My pain fades
as my love does
and changes
as autumn does.
Winter too intense a season
to miss someone in.
The last leaf fell today
My rings in a box
The first snow
falls tonight.
This is it, this poem
the graveyard of love
where I will bury us
once and for all.

                                               For New Love                                              

Help me, my friend
dust me off
feed me warmth
you are comfort.
Let me lean on you
til I can stand alone.
I will stand taller then...
because of your love.
Because my friends are still there
neglected and rejected
while I gave away my precious moments to him
what a fool was I.
I'm past the point
of going quietly crazy
I am getting noisy now.
And you my friend
a secret longing of mine
I would like you to like me
but
I would love you to love me
but I know it perhaps cant ever be
and thats ok
Whats a kiss between friends anyway?
or anything more
I needed your touch
and you touched me
thats enough
but
Whats a friend between kisses?
Thats my worry
The layers I've wrapped around my pain
are growing thin.
And as the memory of your light fades,
my nights are lit by electric bulbs
I can not sleep...afraid of the dark.
I am afraid I will run out of poems
before I run out of pain
or of love
and soon I will be free...
no more insanity
no more insomnia
no more creative energy wasted
and maybe you can be there
my friend
to blow on my butterfly wings
to dry the dampness
and the newness
so I can fly.
and just maybe
by then
we might fly together
noone knows
but God... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment