Friday, March 25, 2016

Dramatic Exit




I had the most awful scary thought.
You said you were in love with me
that you'd be back the next day.
But you haven't called or text in over a day.
Haven't answered.
I'm getting the silent treatment...
Not even a returned I love you.
You said many things to reassure me that night
While you made your dramatic exit
speaking in metephors
missing only was a background score.
Only this isn't a movie...its my life.
I am able to give time and space
As much as you need
Because I love you.
But a haunting thought lurks...
Were the promises and assurances told only to get out the door?
And is that how easily it can be done?
Just spoken like cold lines in a script...
Then you're gone...
And if so, how will I ever trust again?


-K.M.Q.F.
12/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment