Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Rest of my Days








I want to spend the rest of my days on this rock,
happily bouncing through stores and mundane places,
laughing and acting silly,
riding shopping carts through parking lots,
making faces
and sticking our tongues out at one another in public places, 
watching coffee pots fill in the morning, 
cooking cool things with constant interruptions for hugging, 
sitting up all night in bed
doing nothing in particular but our own stuff,
but doing it together, 
debating things with the seriousness of a world summit,
then dismissing it because its really not as interesting
as noticing every fleck of color in a Spring sunset, 
looking into each others eyes
and seeing our own souls staring back, 
holding one another close needing no words at all
when emotions are joyously high or solemnly low, 
watching you quiver with delight at your first morning sip of joe
or the passion of our touching, 
listening to the sound of your voice reading your writings
or talking about your interests, 
feeling your eyes follow me across a room
even though I cant see them, 
being completely wrapped in your arms
whether in the center of a crowd
or alone in bed skin to skin, 
hearing you call me beautiful
even when I look like hell warmed over...
I want to spend the rest of my days 
both of us whispering "I love you."






No comments:

Post a Comment