Monday, April 30, 2012

Affirmation...

This beautiful affirmation was written by a friend of mine back in 2008, for me. Glenroy Wolfson, an older gentleman out of NJ who I initially met in a Lyme Disease support group, but who became a confidant with whom we shared our writings, knowledge and feelings. I still read this affirmation, because I was in the midst of making a drastic change concerning my failed marriage, and it still gives me encouragement to this day...



I am ultimately more than I have been given credit for.
My life is creative and alive.
These gifts effect everyone who knows me or hears from me or is in contact with me.
It shines through me always.
Even when I don't believe anymore-it is there.
Even when someone else might not believe-it is there.
Even when someone else might ask me not to believe-it is there
Even when people treat me as if I am not who/what I am-it is still there.
And myself-the precious original and unique and only one who is or ever will be me
And myself-guardian of the beauty and the love and the life...
will never give away a shred except to share it whole and as it is
I wont let lesser people dampen the flame.
I have the right to feel how good it is in me, and through me, and of me.
This makes the *me* in and of myself, so special.
It comes to others in all I write and say and sing and play.
How thankful I am that the creative spirit found a temple so beautiful and worthy.

-Glenroy Wolfson

No comments:

Post a Comment